Sunshine blogger award
I am honored to announce that I have received a second award nomination. This one is for the Sunshine Blogger Award and has been nominated to me by DD’s Blog. My blog started as a suggestion from a good friend of mine in October 2017 and since, I met great people.
I am very glad that DD has recognized my effort and is following my blog. I am enjoying sharing my global adventures and travel destinations. This is my second nomination following my nomination for the Liebster Award last month.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in your blog post and links back to her blog.
- Answering 11 questions that the Blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new bloggers to receive the awards and write them 11 questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine blogger award logo in your post on your blog.
Again, a huge thank you to DD for recognizing me for this award. DD’s blog, Live and Love, has many useful tips for organizing life and other various topics. DD takes the time to write in both English and her native Croatian language.
Q & A
DD has also devised her 11 questions on which I am be very honored to answer.
- What encouraged you to start with a blog?
A good friend of mine who I met in South Sudan in 2014 suggested I start telling my story. He said that I have had many great adventures in many different contexts that could help others. My goal is to share both the stories and the truth’s about where I have worked and with whom.
- How long are you blogging for?
I have been blogging since October 2017. I started when I was deployed to Syria, starting at the beginning in Sudan 2009.
- Do you have any special advice for collecting followers?
Persistence is all I can say. Sometimes if feels like being a blogger is a full time job. Promoting it and finding suitable followers is not easy. There are many demands on how we share and promote that often it is frustrating.
- What social networks are you using for advertising blog?
I do not use many social networks. Since I am not publishing for profit, I mainly use Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Google +.
- Where do you find inspiration for writing?
My life history is my inspiration. What surprises me most is that I can remember it all. My photo albums really help in that regard as do my former and present colleagues.
- How do you like my blog?
I like your blog in that it is informative and you take the time to write in both of your languages.
- Describe yourself in three words.
This is a tricky one, to describe myself in three words, I would use:
- Do you often support your blogger colleagues with your comments/likes?
I always let my colleague bloggers know if I like what they have written. If something is exceptional, I will write an appropriate comment and share their blog accordingly. As mentioned above, persistence is the best way to find new readers and audiences.
- Where are you coming from (city/state)?
I grew up in Ottawa, Ontario Canada and have really been a citizen of the world for the past 20 years. I have lived in Costa Rica for 6 years, Haiti for a year, Sudan and Mexico to name a few others.
- What are your three most favorite blogs?
My three favorite blogs are:
- Your favorite quote/thought …?
“A story untold is a story not lived” – unknown
NOMINATION AND MY QUESTIONS
Now is my time to list my 11 favorite blog colleagues I enjoy following and support. I nominate:
- Nadia Harhash
- Girl with a Scarf
- Rawlings Blog
- Curly Haired Vegan
- Simple Ula
- Pulse Volunteer Partnership
- Just Kari On
- Patrick’s Perspective
- Jesus and Coffee
- Little World Studio
Being limited to nominating 11 does not mean there are others I do not think are great. To all bloggers out there, keep being persistent and keep writing.
My questions to those I have nominated are:
- Why do you feel a blog is so important?
- How does it feel when someone leave a negative comment on your blog post?
- Does your family or relatives support your blogging?
- What makes you decide to blog?
- What inspires you to blog?
- Do you blog for the fun of blogging or for financial gain?
- How long do you spend on your blog?
- Do you feel pressure being in blogging world?
- What keeps you going?
- How much do you think you can write about before it becomes redundant?
- Your favorite quote/thought …?
Thank you again to all who read and follow my blog, and I invite all those who are not following to join us in fun adventure of reading and commentary.